Monday, August 27, 2012

Creative Wedding Alters

As I've mentioned before I want to have an outdoor wedding. This means I will have to come up with a creative design for an alter. Here are 5 of my favorites from around the web.

1. Decorate an outdoor brick fireplace with candles and flowers like this from www.theantiquedoor.blogspot.com. I've also seen this done with picture frames or strands of pearls. This is great because it's unique and you can decorate it with lots of personal touches.

  


2. Antique doors. These doors will definitely add a touch rustic/vintage charm to your ceremony space.
 
 3. Wooden stairs. This is one I've never thought of but it's amazing how adding candles can create a rustic and romantic wedding alter. A big thank you to this wedding from www.stylemepretty.com for giving me some new ideas.

 
4. A big tree. I've mentioned this one on a previous post. But this photo from www.theantiquedoor.blogspot.com a of tree decorated with lanterns and lights is more of what I had in mind. I love this! Everything about it is romantic and whimsical.

5. Curtains. So simple, I know, but a beautiful way to dress up an alter.
The first example comes from www.casasugar.com. Of course I love the lace, but I also adore the flowers and birdcage.
And here's another great alter from www.stylemepretty.com. This alter is so flowy and pretty. And the garland hanging down goes really well with the shear fabric.

These are just a few of the many ways to create a unique and personal wedding alter. Good luck with making your own beautiful ceremony space!



No comments:

Post a Comment